Robert A. Rush, Gainesville, Florida Personal Injury, Auto Accident & Civil Rights Attorney.
Robert Rush has been certified as an expert in both Civil Trial Law and Criminal Trial Law by the Florida Bar. He has been litigating cases continuously since 1985, when he began his criminal law career at the Public Defender’s Office. In 1988 Mr. Rush opened his own office, which now employs several other attorneys practicing criminal law, personal injury, wrongful death, automobile accidents, commercial litigation, municipal law and civil trial law. Mr. Rush has the rare distinction of having tried numerous first-degree murder cases, as well as almost every other type of criminal case. He has also tried and won multi-million dollar verdicts in civil cases ranging from automobile accidents to civil rights violations. He has also successfully defended clients in jury trials when the jury has returned a zero verdict. He also handles appeal issues arising from trials that he has conducted.
While attending law school at the University of Florida, Robert participated on the inaugural trial team for the Law School which won the National Championship. For many years Mr. Rush taught Trial Practice at the University of Florida Levin College of Law and coached the College of Law’s Trial Team onto more national championships.
Robert served as Governor for the Florida Bar Board of Governors representing the Eighth Judicial Circuit from 1999 through 2005. He also served on the Florida Bar’s Executive Committee.
When not practicing law, Robert is active in the Gainesville community. He has completely restored five historic houses in downtown Gainesville, including our current law office. He is an expert gardener and often does the landscaping around the office himself, including planting the flowers. Alachua County has been his home for the past 35 years. He served 12 years on the Volunteer Center Board of Alachua County, including serving as president.
- 1998 to present: Senior partner at Robert A. Rush, P.A. in Gainesville, Florida
- 1988-1998: Sole proprietor – Law Office of Robert A. Rush, P.A., with emphasis on civil rights, personal injury, wrongful death, auto and truck accidents, and criminal defense
- 1987-1988: Associate with Weiss, Kann & Kerner, P.A., Gainesville, Florida, with emphasis on personal injury and automobile and truck accidents
- 1985-1987: Assistant Public Defender, Eighth Judicial Circuit
- 1984: Certified legal intern – Office of the State Attorney – Eighth Judicial Circuit
- 1998 to Present: Adjunct Professor, University of Florida Levin College of Law. Teaches trial practice seminar; presides as judge over mock trials
- 1998 to Present: Coach – Trial Team – University of Florida Levin College of Law. Competes in Regional and National trial competition. Winner of U.S. Regional Trial Competition, 2001; Final Four in National Trial Competition
- 1996 to Present: Guest Lecturer – Trial Advocacy – University of Florida College of Law. Teaches one class per semester on Voir Dire, opening, closing, direct examination and cross examination
- 1990-1992: Coach – Trial Team – University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Juris Doctor – University of Florida College of Law, 1985
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Florida, 1979 – High Honors – Major in Religion and certification in Environmental Studies
- 1971-1972 – Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD – Varsity Lacrosse, 1972
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- 1997 to Present: Criminal Trial
- 1998 to Present: Civil Trial
- 1998 to 2005: The Florida Bar Board of Governors for the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida
Robert's Practice Areas
Robert's Case Results
Secure Your Future & Request a 100% Free Consultation
When the unthinkable happens, we’re the law firm people call. At the end of the day, that’s our goal: make sure you have what you need to move forward.(352) 373-7566