Historic Landmark Building Located in The Heart Of Downtown Gainesville
The three-story law office building of Rush & Frisco Law is the only remaining house in the historic downtown Gainesville area.
Built in 1895, it served as a private residence upstairs, with the resident’s law office downstairs. Robert Rush bought the building in 2003 after it lay vacant for years, halfway burned down and a broken eyesore surrounded by chain link – home to bats and pigeons. It took a full team two years to restore, but as much of the original structure was preserved as possible. The decorative wood used in the reconstruction was cut from Robert’s farm in Alachua.
The reconstruction was overseen by the Gainesville Historical Society and received the Society’s award for restoration in 2009.